[Live-devel] fast forward / backward switch not smooth

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Feb 28 12:22:00 PST 2012

> I report the issue to live555, because I have do some investigation and believe it is live555 RTSP server issue

'Believing' is not enough.  To confirm that it is a problem with our software, you will need to use our software alone, and not VLC.  I suggest that you use our "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" application - see <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/transport-stream-trick-play.html> - to test this.  If you can find - using this application - that 'trick play' operations do not work properly on one of your input transport stream files, then please point us at this input transport stream file, and tell us the "testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay" commands that you used.  If you can't do this, then please don't post about this again.