[Live-devel] RTCP functions when using BasicUDPSource

Ricardo Acosta ricardo at kafemeeting.com
Wed Feb 29 03:58:30 PST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>wrote:

> We have implemented a sender and a receiver for MPEG2TS using Livemedia.
>
> Do 'we' not have our own domain name? :-)
>
> Now "we" have a domaine :-)  !

Hi Ross

I would like to know what is the best way to get some of the RTCP info when
using UDP in the server side.

Server side : we are using BasicUDPSource and StreamReplicator to send
replicas towards the client apps.
Our client app uses RTP (RTPSource and RTPSink) .

For example, using the BasicUDPSource can we detect the missing SR packet
in the server side (using RTCPInstance::setSRHandler); To cut the
connection if the client finish streaming). I saw the SR packet is arriving
at the server side.

Also I would like just to confirm we can get all the
NetInterfaceTrafficStats from BasicUDPSource, we need them to take some
actions toward the clients.

Thank you in advance
Ricardo