[Live-devel] Selectively disabling subsessions

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Feb 29 21:44:21 PST 2012

> If I have my live555 rtsp_server running advertising say two streams:
>
> MyStream0
> MyStream1
>
> Would it be possible for me to disable MyStream1 while MyStream0 is actively
> being streamed so that the client cannot stream MyStream1 (and vice versa)?
> Then upon the termination of MyStream1, MyStream0 will be automatically
> enabled.

I'm not sure I totally understand your question.  You refer to your server advertising two "streams", but the "Subject:" line of your email refers to "subsessions".  Note the difference between "ServerMediaSessions" and "ServerMediaSubsessions":
	- A "ServerMediaSession" refers to a named multimedia stream, that contains one or more "ServerMediaSubsession"s - i.e., 'tracks' - one for each medium (audio, video, text) that forms the stream.
	- A "ServerMediaSubsession" refers to a particular 'track' (audio, video, or text) that makes up a stream.

I'm assuming here - despite your "Subject:" line - that you want to to 'selectively disable "ServerMediaSessions"'.

You can do this quite easily, using the "RTSPServer::removeServerMediaSession()" function.  If you do this, then any clients that are currently streaming the session will continue, but no new clients will be able to play the stream.