[Live-devel] GET_PARAMETER

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 6 01:22:48 PST 2012

> I just started with live555 media server and my client starts with GET_PARAMETER method rather than OPTIONS.
> After reading RTSPServer.cpp i found that the method GET_PARAMETER is implemented just as a 'keep alive' and it sends an empty response.

Does the server send back an empty "200 OK" response, or does it instead send back an error "405 Method not allowed" response?  If it's the latter, then we probably can't help you.  (Just over a week ago, we had a report of a set-top-box that sends an erroneous "GET_PARAMETER" command that causes the server to respond with a "405" error.)

If, however, the server really does send back an empty "200 OK" response, then you can change this by reimplementing the server by defining and implementing your own subclass of "RTSPServer", and reimplementing the "handleCmd_GET_PARAMETER()" virtual function.

Note, however, that doing this requires a good knowledge of C++ programming.