[Live-devel] Extend RTSPServer and RTSPClient problems

詹明 zhanm at join.net.cn
Fri Jan 6 05:23:02 PST 2012

Hi,

I want to subclass  RTSPServer and RTSPClient classes to extend my specific
functions.  However, with the private class RequestQueue and some other
private attributes defined within the RTSPClient class, I found it hard to
overide just a few method to make it, because my overrided methods can’t
access those private attributes in the RTSPClient class.  Also, when I want
to add another video format to be processed by the server, I found that I
need to override the ceateSourceObjects method to generate my specific
RTPSource. So, I subclassed MediaSubsession class(eg, myMediaSubsession) and
override its  createSourceObjects. However, ceateSourceObjects is called by
MediaSubsession::initiate() method, which in turn requires me to override
it. After I have done that, I found the myMediaSubsession:: initiate()
method still call the MediaSubsession:: ceateSourceObjects rather than
myMediaSubsession:: ceateSourceObjects

I wonder if I want to subclass RTSPServer and RTSPClient classes,  what is
the minimum classes that I also need to subclass them to make it work?
(RTSPClientSession, MediaSubSession, or …)