[Live-devel] New LIVE555 version - adds a "StreamReplicator" class (and a demo application for this)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Jan 7 02:23:55 PST 2012

People have often asked for a way to 'replicate' an incoming stream into two or more replicas, so that they can (for example) write one replica to a file, and transmit the other replica over a network, or perhaps feed it into a decoder, etc.

I've now installed a new version (2012.01.07) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software that adds a new class "StreamReplicator".  You can create an object of this class - using an input stream - and then call "createStreamReplica()" on it several times, to create 'replicas' of the input stream.

I've also added a new demo application  - to the "testProgs" directory - called "testReplicator".  This demo application receives a UDP multicast stream, replicates it, and retransmits one replica stream to another (multicast or unicast) address & port, and writes the other replica stream to a file.