[Live-devel] How to distinguish new RTP packets fromout-of-data RTP packets when random accessing the video

Erin Yang erin.yang at mstarsemi.com
Sat Jan 7 06:09:12 PST 2012

Yes. It happened. Sometimes, network traffic may be congested.

When randomly accessing the video, we can’t guarantee the last old RTP packets arrive earlier than the first new RTP packet due to congested network.

If I just feed all incoming data to decoder, as usual, the player would display the old video frame in the new position.

So, we need more information (e.g. RTP header, command response…) to overcome the problem resulting from congested network.