[Live-devel] testOnDemandRTSPServer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jan 9 16:53:55 PST 2012

> i run the server with the command ./testOnDemandRTSPServer, but by using the request  rtsp://192.168.1.3:8554/mpeg2TransportStreamTest i can read only one stream "test.ts".
> the problem that I just want to read multiple streams "*.ts" with the same runtime.How can i distinguish them?

Very easily.  Note the following code in "testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp":
  // A MPEG-2 Transport Stream:
  {
    char const* streamName = "mpeg2TransportStreamTest";
    char const* inputFileName = "test.ts";
    char const* indexFileName = "test.tsx";
    ServerMediaSession* sms
      = ServerMediaSession::createNew(*env, streamName, streamName,
                                      descriptionString);
    sms->addSubsession(MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession
                       ::createNew(*env, inputFileName, indexFileName, reuseFirstSource));
    rtspServer->addServerMediaSession(sms);

    announceStream(rtspServer, sms, streamName, inputFileName);
  }

If you want to support streaming some other Transport Stream file - e.g., named "test1.ts", then just use the same code, but with:
    char const* streamName = "mpeg2TransportStreamTest1";
    char const* inputFileName = "test1.ts";
    char const* indexFileName = "test1.tsx";

>  and what is the query that I must to use to read different streams for example test.ts and test1.ts?

The "rtsp://" URL will be different - depending on the "streamName" string.

E.g., using the above example, the URL will be
	rtsp://<server-ip-address>:<server-port-number>/mpeg2TransportStreamTest
for the original stream, and
	rtsp://<server-ip-address>:<server-port-number>/mpeg2TransportStreamTest1
for the new stream.