[Live-devel] "no frame!"

Guillaume Ferry ferry at bertin.fr
Wed Jan 11 23:47:55 PST 2012

When you mention ffmpeg, do you mean the application, or the underlying
library (libav) ?
I had the same problematic few years ago, and I found it can be handled
nicely with a reduced amount of code around avcodec_decode_video.
I suggest you to have a look on AVCodecParserContext for this matter.
If you're still stuck, I can even provide you a code sample.

Regards,
Guillaume.

Le Wed, 11 Jan 2012 23:53:40 +0100, Menne, Neil <nmenne at dcscorp.com> a
écrit:

> I’m working on my Live555/FFmpeg video player, and I ran into an
> interesting problem that has kept me stumped for several days. I am
> taking the buffer that is delivered to my MediaSink (like >the example
> in testRTSPClient), and I am passing the buffer and the size to FFmpeg
> to decode. It says that there is “no frame!” I’m stumped as to why that
> is the case when I’m taking the buffer >after the “afterGettingFrame”
> function is called. I was wondering if there was something else that
> must be done to that buffer for it to be a true frame that can be
> decoded.
>

> My first guess is that the decoder needs more information which brings
> me to my next question: the SDP description that I’m pulling down
> doesn’t contain the width/height, so I’m guessing I >need to pull that
> out of the sprop_parameter_sets; is this the case?
>

> My second guess is that there is no frame separator; I noticed that in
> one particular file: H264VideoFileSink they prepend a 0x00000001 along
> with the sprop_parameters. Is this a potential >problem?
>

> Video is not my expertise, so I’m spending most days reading
> anything/everything on these problems, but this one’s got me stuck.
>

> -Neil
>

> P.S. My video is an H.264 video stream

--  	Guillaume FERRY
Ingénieur
Traitement de l'Information et du Contenu
Tel : 01 39 30 62 09
Fax : 01 39 30 62 45
ferry at bertin.fr
http://www.bertin.fr