[Live-devel] RTCP Receiver Reports use in unicast sessions

Ricardo Acosta r63400 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 05:25:03 PST 2012

Hi Ross
Thank you for your response

>  I tried with some other test as testMP3Streamer and testMP3receiver, and
> I dont receive RTCP receive reports.
>

> "testMP3Streamer" sends RTCP "SR" packets, and will receive RTCP "RR"
> reports from any (multicast-connected receivers).  "testMP3Receiver" sends
> RTCP "RR" packets, and will receiver RTCP "SR" packets from
> "testMP3Streamer" (provided, of course, that multicast routing is enabled
> between the computers that run "testMP3Streamer" and "testMP3Receiver").

I tried again testMP3Streamer in multicast and now i receive back the RR.
Is there any special reason that works only in multicast (knowing RR is
send back in unicast to the original sender) ? I am trying to see how can
it works in unicast , but when I call the RTCPInstance, there is no other
parameter to change.

Sender
videoSink = SimpleRTPSink::createNew(*env, &(*rtpGroupSock), 33,  90000,
"video", "mp2t", 1, True, False /*no 'M' bit*/);
rtcpInstance = RTCPInstance::createNew(*env, &(*rtcpGroupSock),
estimatedSessionBandwidth, cname,videoSink, NULL /* we're a server */,
isSSM);

Having isSSM false for Unicast

Receiver
rtpSource = SimpleRTPSource::createNew(*env, &(*rtpGroupSock),33,90000,
"video/",0,false );
rtcpInstance =
RTCPInstance::createNew(*env,&(*rtcpGroupSock),estimatedSessionBandwidth,cname,NULL/*
we're a client */,rtpSource);

Thank you
Ricardo