[Live-devel] DeviceSource and OpenCV

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 18 01:49:12 PST 2012

> In my case the device appears as VideoCapture from OpenCV. VideoCapture throught the function read() returns a frame in BGR format. Then the frame is encoded using libx264. How do I use signalNewFrameData()
>  in my case? Getting frames should be in a separate thread?

Yes, if you are using a separate thread (i.e. a thread separate from the thread that runs LIVE555) to read and encode frames, then this thread should call "signalNewFrameData()" whenever new frame data becomes available.

> How, the transfer data from my device to fTo?

That is done in the "deliverFrame()" function (assuming that you're using the "DeviceSource" code as a model).