[Live-devel] Receiving RTP packets by a RTSP Client app

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 19 07:00:12 PST 2012

> I am trying to implement my app as suggested in the previous mail.
>
> In the testRTSPClient app, after calling "rtspClient->sendDescribeCommand(continueAfterDESCRIBE); " the program enters the doEventLoop.
> Rest of the processing is done in asynchronous callbacks.
>
> you mentioned >> Call "startPlaying()" on each of these 'sink' objects before entering the doEventLoop.
> StreamReplicator cannot be initialized  before entering doEventLoop.

Yes, I misspoke here.  Calling "startPlaying()" from within an event handler (as we currently do in "continueAfterSETUP()" in the "testRTSPClient" code) is OK.

> I called startPlaying() on the sink objects in continueAfterPLAY function and got this error.
> "FramedSource[0x10b001ad0]::getNextFrame(): attempting to read more than once at the same time!"

That error message means eexactly what it says: You're trying to read from some object more than once at the same time, which you can't do.  Make sure you didn't accidentally call "startPlaying()" more than once on the same 'sink' object.