[Live-devel] RSTP a Live Stream to an AMINO A125

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jan 20 07:10:00 PST 2012

> I have been given the task of getting LIVE555 to work with our current system.
>
> You have communicated with my colleague Ben Wheway (See Below).
>
> I have read the email below and I am quite confused.
>
> Could I have a few more pointers please.

Unfortunately I can give only limited help to people who are "confused".  To use this software, you need to be well-versed in C++ programming, have read the FAQ (especially, in your case, <http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast>), and, in your case, understand what the code for the "testOnDemandRTSPServer" demo application does.

Fortunately, another developer recently contributed code that does what (I think) you are looking to do: Take an input Transport Stream UDP source, and stream it - using RTSP - to one or more clients.  (The one change that you would make to this is change the "inputAddressStr" variable to a string that contains your desired input IP multicast address, and change the port number in "inputPort".)

See http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2012-January/014454.html

> I am stuck on the ingest. I have tried to find an example of the "createNewStreamSource()" function so I can copy and re-write it. I have however not found an example.

You haven't looked very hard.  Look again.  (Hint: the "liveMedia" directory.)