[Live-devel] Correct way of stopping and closing rtsp client

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 24 10:15:54 PST 2012

> What is the preferred way of stopping and closing a client after it received a stream?  Currently, I am calling Shutdown() and it works fine for the first time around.  When starting another stream after the first one completes, the client crashes in the following function:
>
> void GetSDPDescription(RTSPClient::responseHandler* afterFunc)
> {
>         if (RTSPClient)
>             RTSPClient->sendDescribeCommand(afterFunc, NULL);
> }

I presume that you're referring to the "openRTSP" code here (although there, the function is called "getSDPDescription()", not "GetSDPDescription()").  Because you've made your own modifications to this code, I can't really help you with this.

Instead, I suggest that you refer to the "testRTSPClient" code - in particular, the "shutdownStream()" function - for guidance.