[Live-devel] Server disconnects clients every 60 seconds

David J Myers david.myers at panogenics.com
Wed Jan 25 08:52:11 PST 2012

Hi,

I have a strange problem with my live embedded rtsp H.264 server when
connected to a certain 3rd party client software package.

Every 60 seconds my FramedSource derived class(StreamSource)  is getting
deleted. If I connect via VLC or openRTSP, this does not happen, but I'm
fairly sure it is not the client which is tearing down the session, here is
a debug trace from my server:-

parseRTSPRequestString() succeeded, returning cmdName "OPTIONS",
urlPreSuffix "", urlSuffix "stream0", CSeq "1", Content-Length 0

parseRTSPRequestString() succeeded, returning cmdName "DESCRIBE",
urlPreSuffix "", urlSuffix "stream0", CSeq "2", Content-Length 0

parseRTSPRequestString() succeeded, returning cmdName "DESCRIBE",
urlPreSuffix "", urlSuffix "stream0", CSeq "3", Content-Length 0

parseRTSPRequestString() succeeded, returning cmdName "SETUP", urlPreSuffix
"stream0", urlSuffix "track1", CSeq "4", Content-Length 0

../src/RTSPWrapper.cpp(76): StreamSource constructor, this=0x0xed1d0, ref
count =2, StreamIndex = 0

parseRTSPRequestString() succeeded, returning cmdName "PLAY", urlPreSuffix
"stream0", urlSuffix "", CSeq "5", Content-Length 0

.

.   60 seconds later

.

../src/RTSPWrapper.cpp(97): ~StreamSource this=0x0xed1d0, ref count=1,
StreamIndex = 0

Any ideas, what could be causing my FramedSource class to self-destruct
every 60 seconds? This must be some kind of timeout.

Why does this not happen for VLC client connections?

Thanks and regards - David