[Live-devel] testRelay and testReplicator dont send packets when using same incoming/outgoing port

Ricardo Acosta r63400 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 07:32:09 PST 2012

Hi Ross
I've been testing the new class StreamReplicator that we received for New
year !
Very helpful in addition to testRelay.
Using testReplicator I am simulating a server whom replicates and re
dispatches live streams from their connected clients.
So far it works very good, but today I was trying to use the same UDP port
for sending and receiving to the same client.
Doing that, it keeps receiving but It stops sending any stream, including
the  ones who does not have the same address/port

char const* inputAddressStr = "172.16.9.161";
  struct in_addr inputAddress;
  inputAddress.s_addr = our_inet_addr(inputAddressStr);inputPort(5000)
 unsigned char const inputTTL = 0;
for
Groupsock inputGroupsock(*env, inputAddress, inputPort, inputTTL);

and

startReplicaUDPSink(replicator,"172.16.9.161", 5000);

Normally a UDP port can be incoming and outgoing at the same time, right.
Why would I need to send over the same port ? Because I found (doing a
client to client test) that sending over the same port you receive, the
router forward the packet to the right client behind the router (private IP
address).

I tried with testRelay and I had the same "stop" problem.

Can you please let me if am I doing something wrong ?
thank you
Ricardo