[Live-devel] Server disconnects clients every 60 seconds

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 26 12:09:34 PST 2012

> I don’t see anything being received at all. So am I correct to assume that the Client software is definitely NOT sending RTCP RR or indeed any RTCP packets?

No, but you can definitely assume that RTCP packets are not arriving at the server.

It's possible, I suppose, that the client - for some reason - is sending its RTCP packets to the wrong IP address and/or port number.  Or that you have a firewall somewhere that's blocking incoming RTCP packets.  But you can easily verify the latter by running "openRTSP" (or "VLC") on the same computer as the problematic client software, and checking whether the RTCP packets (which those applications definitely *do* send) arrive at the server.