[Live-devel] RTSP connection management issue

Ralf Globisch rglobisch at csir.co.za
Tue Jul 3 01:49:52 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the quick response.

> Unfortunately, fixing this is going to be non-trivial, so it may take a while...

I figured as much after stepping through the code briefly.

> > If it helps, I could send you the python script to replicate the issue.
> Yes, please do; that will help me test out the new ('fixed') server implementation.

Please find attached the python script used for replication. Note that it is a quick hack containing the openRTSP requests obtained with the test.aac file available from live555, which it assumes to be in the mediaServer directory.

Command line parameters:
-n uses new connections per request and defaults to False
-p can be used to set the port which defaults to 554
-s can be used to change the server defaults to 127.0.0.1

Cheers,
Ralf

and is believed to be clean.