[Live-devel] About the H264 over RTP FA

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 5 07:51:24 PDT 2012

First of all: Because you have - in two successive messages - violated basic email 'netiquette' by not trimming the original text from your response (and also by not changing the "Subject:" line from "Live-devel] live-devel Digest ...", all future postings from you will be moderated!

> I was confused that why Live555 can not parse above data. from my debugging, seems it can handle the FU-As and merge them togeter, but it can not handle the starter (00 00 00 01) and NALU type correctly.

There's your problem right there.  HAL units - when packed into RTP packets - MUST NOT include the "00 00 00 01" start codes.

Section 1.3 of RFC 3984 describes the first byte of each NAL unit that is packed into a RTP packet.

(Of course, if you had used our software to *send* your H.264/RTP packets - rather than just to receive them - then you would not have had these problems...)