[Live-devel] Unable to stream RTSP using Live555 proxy server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jul 5 08:45:59 PDT 2012

This is very strange.  I don't understand why the proxy server is responding "404 File Not Found..." to requests by the client.

To try to solve this, I suggest doing the following:
1/ Edit "liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp", and add the line

#define DEBUG 1

to the start of the file.
2/ Recompile the "liveMedia" library.
3/ In the "proxyServer" library, re-make the "live555ProxyServer" binary.
4/ Run "live555ProxyServer -V <back-end-rtsp-URL>" once again, and try connecting to it from the client.  Send us the debugging output from the proxy server.