[Live-devel] Unable to stream RTSP using Live555 proxy server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 6 06:18:12 PDT 2012

OK, I figured out the problem - it was caused by the nonstandard 'metadata' track in the back-end stream.  Because this track is non-standard, we can't proxy it, but that should not have prevented the other, standard 'video' track from being proxied.

I've now installed a new version "2012.07.06" of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" software that should fix this problem.  Now, your front-end client should be able to receive the 'video' track OK.

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.