[Live-devel] Recommended approach: pushing MP4/H.264 to server via RTP

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Mon Jul 9 01:31:39 PDT 2012

Ross,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, the environment in which the needed solution needs to be deployed is restricted by a few non-negotiables -- such as the need to store / transcode at the server, and a second client app which cannot be disrupted. So in other words, what is needed is this:

1) Desktop / Notebook with video cam captures H.264 ---> 2) Server needs to receive MP4 over RTP (not LIVE555, this existing server cannot be swapped out) ---> 3) Desktop / Notebook app consumes video in format other than H.264, this app cannot be disrupted.

Basically, the scope of what needs to be accomplished is the streaming from 1) to 2). The server in 2) cannot be swapped out for several reasons. I just need to get the video from the source desktop / notebook to the server.

Any further recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad