[Live-devel] Range Header

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 13 18:39:51 PDT 2012

Thanks for the note.  I have now installed a new version (2012.07.14) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code that updates the RTSP server implementation to properly handle "Range:" headers like "Range: npt=-60".

(The prebuilt binary versions of the "LIVE555 Media Server" have not yet been updated; for the next few days, if you want to get this change, you will need to download and build the server from source code.)

And yes, the keyword "now" is supposed to be reserved for live events, but in the spirit of "be liberal in what you accept", we also handle it if is used for a prerecorded stream.  (Clients, however, should not be using it for such streams.)