[Live-devel] Issue with proxyserver and multiple clients

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 16 18:55:47 PDT 2012

This is very strange.  Unfortunately I can't explain why the first client would stop receiving data after the second client starts up, nor have I been able to reproduce this.

I notice that - in the debugging output that you sent - the proxy server and both clients are all running on the same host (128.129.224.101).  That should be OK (and it worked OK in my own testing), but I'm wondering if you get the same result if you run the two clients on a different host from the proxy server (or if you run client 1 on a different host from the proxy server, and run client 2 on a different host from both the proxy server and client 1)?

What OS is your host 128.129.224.101 running?

If you get the same result even when your clients are running on a different host from the proxy server, then please send the complete debugging output from your proxy server (but not from the clients this time).  I say "complete" debugging output because last time you chopped off the output just at the point where the proxy server received the RTSP "DESCRIBE" command from the second client.