[Live-devel] send error callback

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 17 13:27:31 PDT 2012

> I'm looking at the case where I'm streaming rtp/tcp and the socket closes without a TEARDOWN.

In general it's a bad idea to complicate your application by trying to optimize the handling of an unusual situation.  Especially because our server implementation already automatically handles this situation, by closing the connection and reclaims resources for inactive clients after "reclamationTestSeconds" seconds (default value: 65 seconds).  (This also handles the situation where the client has 'died', even though the socket remains open.)