[Live-devel] Using MPEG4GenericRTPSink for AAC on client?

Frank Vernon frank at cyberdev.com
Tue Jul 17 21:21:05 PDT 2012

Hi list-

I feel like this is likely a newbie question, so my apologies in advance. I did read the FAQ and search the email archive first, I promise.

I am attempting to receive and play AAC encoded audio from a webcam via RTSP. I have successfully done this for uLaw encoded audio using a custom MediaSink subclass class modeled heavily on the testRTSPClient.cpp example.

How do I do this for AAC encoded audio? Apparently it's not as simple as grabbing the AAC encoded data the same way I did for the uLaw encoded data in my afterGettingFrame callback.

In my digging around it would appear that I may need to use the MPEG4GenericRTPSink in order access the AAC data parsed to AAC frames. Is this true?

If so, is it as simple as subclassing MPEG4GenericRTPSink? Where do I hook into this process in my subclass to gain access to the data I need to feed my AAC playback system?

Are there any examples of using this class as a client? All of the examples I could find were for server side streaming.

Thanks-
Frank Vernon