[Live-devel] Video Delay in Live Video Streaming

Abhishek Madaan abmadaan at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 15:01:40 PDT 2012

Hi,
      I am showing a H.264 stream using live555 library. The H.264 data is coming over RTSP. Once I receive the data, I decode the H.264 data using FFMPEG library. I am able to get video out of the camera and able to view it in a MFC GUI application. The only problem is that there is a delay (lag) in video for about 30-60 seconds. The longer the stream runs, more the video lags. I tried to look in to the code but couldn't find why this lag is happening. I also have seen online where other people are facing the same issue. But I couldn't find no solution to this problem. If you can help me regarding this that would be really appreciated.

Regards,
Abhishek Madaan