[Live-devel] MJPEG Streaming Support in Live555

Ashfaque ashfaque at iwavesystems.com
Fri Jul 20 10:02:04 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

We are developing live555 based application for streaming MJPEG frames from a USB camera over Wifi.

MJPEG frames from camera we have captured and analyzed. Each frame is one complete JPEG image with headers (ie SOI = FF D8,  EOI  = FF D9).
On the receiver side we are receiving the frames with changed header formatting & following errors are continuously displayed by an Live555 based iOS application (testRTSPClient  taken as a reference).

ImageIO: <ERROR> JPEGCorrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment
ImageIO: <ERROR> JPEGCorrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment

We have found that JPEGVideoRTPSource.cpp is creating JPEG headers and overwriting the incoming data headers.

How JPEGVideoRTP* interface need to be used in our scenario, where we need not to change or add any header information & send the payload as it as with inbuilt JPEG header.

Please provide your feedbacks.

Thanks & Regards,
Ashfaque