[Live-devel] HTTP-based control of RTSP clients

Bruno Babic bruno at maxcom.hr
Mon Jul 23 04:42:32 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm tryimg to make simple HTTP-based control of RTSP clients, i.e. I
want to be able to start/stop one or more RTSP clients by sending
appropriate HTTP request.

I would like to implement this by using live555 code as much as
possible, especially since there's already test RTSP server
implementation available (which is quite similar to HTTP)... but, I have
tight deadline and I can not spend too much time trying to understand
how and why is something done like it is done.

Can anybody (Ross maybe?) give me few pointers on how to implement
simple HTTP server properly? It does not have to be actual code, it can
be just few hints on how to have my server listen for connections and
make TaskScheduler forward requests to my handler?

P.S. if such piece of code is considered as useful, I'd gladly
contribute source code to be added to test programs.

--
Bruno Babić
maxcom d.o.o.