[Live-devel] Range Header

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jul 23 13:17:07 PDT 2012

> Thanks.  I don't think I made myself clear though.  When I fast forward with a range it doesn't stop at the requested end time (but it does stop a little while after it).  When I fast forward with a range it seems to get confused and play to much.

I don't follow this (perhaps one of the "with"s should have been a "without"?).  But in any case, the best way to test issues like this is to use the "openRTSP" RTSP client tool.  Note the 'trick play' options: "-s <initial-seek-time>", "-z <scale>", and "-d <duration>"
See:
	http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/

I presume that your server is using indexed Transport Stream files for 'trick play'.  If you can reproduce - using "openRTSP" - a specific problem with one of your files, then please tell us about it (by putting it on a publicly accessible web server), and let us know the specific "openRTSP" commands that cause a problem.  Then we can test this for ourselves.