[Live-devel] Porting of live555 Streaming on Windows CE

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jul 24 13:20:21 PDT 2012

OK, it turns out that the problem is not as bad as I had first thought.  The code (in the LIVE555 library) that calls "fileno()" and "read()" turns out to not be needed for Windows at all, because it's used only to implement asynchronous file reading (which is not supported in Windows).  I have now added some "#ifdef"s to ensure that your compiler will now never even see this code.  (I'm assuming that you're compiling with _WIN32_WCE defined.)

I have now installed a new version (2012.07.24) of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code that should fix this.

(The code still, however, assumes that an "abort()" function is defined.  If it's not defined for you, then you'll need to write your own.)