[Live-devel] Updated RTSP server implementation to support multiple TCP connections per session - new experimental release

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jul 27 05:51:38 PDT 2012

> I am however facing some inheritance/relationship issues that I will try
> to explain.
>
> I have subclassed RTSPServerSupportingHTTPStreaming,
> RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession and RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection
> classes for my needs, overriding virtual methods.
>
> I am trying, in the SETUP phase for example, to augment the response
> buffer with specific headers.

In your case, you probably only need to subclass "RTSPServerSupportingHTTPStreaming"[*] and "RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection", but *not* "RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession", because the response buffer is managed by the "RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection" class only.

Of course, you will also need to redefine the virtual function "createNewClientConnection()" (but *not* createNewClientSession()")

Because you already - with the old version of the code - were able to successfully subclass "RTSPServer::RTSPClientSession", you should be able to do the same with the new version of the code - but subclassing "RTSPServer::RTSPClientConnection" instead.

[*] Note that you need the "RTSPServerSupportingHTTPStreaming" class only if you plan to support Apple's "HTTP Live Streaming" protocol (of indexed Transport Stream files only) to iPhones/iPads.  If you don't need this, and just want to do RTSP, then you need only subclass "RTSPServer".