[Live-devel] liveMedia/FreeBSD : compilation fails on ar command

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Jun 1 23:55:58 PDT 2012

> I've just tried to complie the latest (2012-05-17) live555 streaming server on FreeBSD 7.0 (32bits) (this compilation fails also on Fr'eeBSD 9.0 64bits fresh installed).
> It failed with the same "ar" issue.

The only "ar issue" when building the code for FreeBSD is that there is a space character after "ar cr" in the "LIBRARY_LINK" line in the "config.freebsd" file.  It's important that this space character make its way into the resulting Makefiles.  However, the command
	genMakefiles freebsd
should be putting this space character in the Makefiles OK.  As far as I can tell, nothing here has changed in any recent version of the LIVE555 code (or FreeBSD) that could be changing this.