[Live-devel] AV Sync for live input

Sambhav isambhav at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 07:33:54 PDT 2012

Hi,

I have RTSP ServerMediaSession with one audio subsession and one video
subsession.
The sources for audio and video are live and coming as RTP streams whose
timestamps are derived from same source.
( I subclassed OnDemandServerMediaSubsession to take live RTP input)

The RTSP client is able to receive both audio and video data , but there is
no AV-Sync.
When i checked,  the  RTP source timestamps and timestamps of packets sent
to client are different.

How are timestamps handled for a session with RTP Source as input and RTP
Sink as output?
Is there anything to be considered to maintain AV sync ?

Regards,
Sambhav