[Live-devel] RTP TCP problems

Andy Bell allbabel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 05:46:26 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I have created a RTSPServer which I am using to stream a live VP8 video
stream to several clients.  I have created my own FramedSource and I am
using this to write the VP8 stream.  This works fine when the client uses
UDP, when I change the client to use TCP for less reliable networks I seem
to 'lose' frames of video and the result is a broken video stream on the
client.  This is quite surprising as I would have thought if I was to have
problems I would have had them when using UDP as opposed to TCP.

Can anyone explain why I would have this problem and how I would go about
fixing it?

Thanks in advance, Andy