[Live-devel] [Live-deve​l]Still failed in receiving data via multicast

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 13 06:26:17 PDT 2012

> Yes, this case looks unbelievable. I am new to LIVE555, so maybe there is anything wrong in my operation?
> As your advise, I tried the "testRTSPClient" with the IP camera "TMDXIPCAM8127J3". It can get data in the case of unicast, but also failed in the case of multicast.

OK, that's different from what you said before.  Before, you said that VLC was able to receive and play your *multicast* stream.  Now, you're apparently saying that you can receive a unicast stream, but not a multicast stream.

So, your problem is apparently that you do not have IP multicast connectivity between your server and client.  In that case, forget about trying to receive a multicast stream; you won't be able to do it.  Instead, you will only be able to receive unicast streams.

If you try to receive a unicast stream using "openRTSP", but find that the resulting data files are empty, then see this FAQ entry:
	http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#openRTSP-empty-files