[Live-devel] [Live-deve​​l]Still failed in receiving data via multicast

rundong qiu qrundong at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 10:26:10 PDT 2012

Dear Ross,
It seems that you have misunderstood what I said.
My stream comes from a IP camera ("TMDXIPCAM8127J3"."DM368"), which can be
chosen to send its stream via unicast or multicast. When the stream is send
via unicast, all the "testRTSPClient", the "openRTSP", and the VLC Player
can receive it.
But in the case that the stream is send via multicast, the VLC Player still
works well, but the "testRTSPClient" and the "openRTSP" both failed.
So, what I mean is, the VLC player can receive data in both the cases of
unicast and multicast, but the "testRTSPClient" and the "openRTSP" can only
receive data via unicast.
I am sure that my question is about multicast, because the monitor of the
"wireshark", and the content of the RTSP protocol exchange can prove
that, what cause the resulting data files are empty is a multicast stream.
Ryan,