[Live-devel] Detect proxy name before being proccessed

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 25 21:51:31 PDT 2012

> So my question is, how can i be able to detect when the proxy has
> finished with it's configuration and added the camera connection
> ProxyServerMediaSubsessions?

On thinking about this some more, I came up with a better solution - one that doesn't require a separate 'polling' delayed task.

First, download the latest version - 2012.06.26 - of the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code.

Then, add the following line to your "lookupServerMediaSession()" implementation, after you've created (or looked up) the "ProxyServerMediaSession" object:

	envir()->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(&(proxyServerMediaSession->describeCompletedFlag));

At this point, you can also check
	proxyServerMediaSession->describeCompletedSuccessfully()
If this is True, then you know that the back-end "DESCRIBE" command completed successfully.  If, however, it's False, then you know that the back-end "DESCRIBE" command completed, but unsuccessfully - presumably because the back-end stream does not exist.