[Live-devel] multicast streams using same port

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 26 23:41:37 PDT 2012

> ....if the receiving program bind()s to INADDR_ANY.  So isn't the fix simple?  bind() each socket to the multicast address of interest.

We've been through this many times before (note the links in my previous message).  This suggested 'fix' does not work - at least not reliably on all platforms.  We've tried it.

People can do whatever they want to their copy of the 'groupsock' code (subject, of course, to the LGPL).  But I'm not going to be making significant changes to this code, in part because it's all going to get replaced sometime down the road...