[Live-devel] multicast streams using same port

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jun 27 00:43:31 PDT 2012

> Yes, I read all that, and the sense I got from it is, Linux works one way, everything else works another way.  Thus my suggestion for a Linux-specific ifdef wrapping the bind() call.

Yes, but I also recall someone reporting that they tried this, but it didn't work for them (on Linux); apparently when they did this, they stopped receiving packets at all.

But if people want to try this themselves, then they're welcome to.  They probably don't even need to modify the "groupsock" code; instead, they could call "bind()" on the multicast address in their application code, immediately after they've created a "Groupsock" object.