[Live-devel] Questions about project to dump Images frames from H264 stream using live555 and ffmpeg

Barry Stump bstump at codemass.com
Fri Mar 2 09:05:18 PST 2012

At a minimum, you will probably need to add the MPEG start code 0x00000001
to each frame before passing it to your decoder.  See
H264VideoFileSink::afterGettingFrame1() for an example of this.

You may or may not need to deal with parsing the SProp string depending on
whether your H.264 stream contains SPS/PPS NAL units.  The mailing list has
past discussions on this topic.

While configuring and using FFmpeg is outside the scope of this list, your
primary decode function will probably be avcodec_decode_video2() from
libavcodec.

-Barry