[Live-devel] Questions about project to dump Images frames from H264 stream using live555 and ffmpeg

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 2 09:08:09 PST 2012

> What about using parseSPropParameterSets ?

Yes.  You should take the SDP 'configuration' string (from "MediaSubsession::fmtp_spropparametersets()"), and parse this string into a set of SPS and PPS NAL units, using the function "parseSPropParameterSets()".  You should then insert these NAL units into your decoder (before the NAL units that come from the RTP stream).

I'll let other people answer with specific tips about "ffmpeg" (because I don't use this, and it's not our software).  However, I've heard that you need to prepend each NAL unit (*including* the SPS and PPS NAL units that you get from calling "parseSPropParameterSets()") with 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x01, before feeding them to the "ffmpeg" H.264 decoding function.