[Live-devel] openRTSP Question

Deshi li lideshi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 16:55:32 PST 2012

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me understand the technology behind,
cam.ly and dropCam.  I wish to do something similar using openRTSP.
Their basic idea is to store videos from IP Camera to the cloud.  I was
wondering what is the best way of achieve this? My idea was to use openRTSP
to receive the RTSP stream the IP Camera provides and save them to disk.
 So the IP Camera would act as a RTSP server while openRTSP acts as a
client.  But then I feel this method might not be reliable.

If anyone have any knowledge on how to store IP Camera videos to the
cloud reliably, feel free to chime in.

Thanks in advance,
Jason