[Live-devel] OpenRTSP application

Jeremiah Morrill Jeremiah.Morrill at econnect.tv
Tue Mar 13 14:33:14 PDT 2012

You can probably use openRTSP as a good starting point for the code that does the RTSP, but it's a lot more work than just that.  Here's an overview of how I've done this in the past.

1.)    Create a DirectShow source filter (example in the Windows SDK C:\Program Files\microsoft sdks\Windows\v7.1\Samples\multimedia\directshow\filters\pushsource)

2.)    Have your source filter connect to an RTSP via something like openRTSP and create output pins for each MediaSubsession  you are interested in.  Each sink will correlate to an output pin and you will have to configure the output pins for the correct mediaTypes (major type, subtype, etc)

3.)    When you receive media samples, you need to deliver them via your output pins, configured with the correct timestamp (timeval -> 100ns units time) to the downstream filters connected.

4.)    If you want to be able to open the filter via URL (eg, from windows media player open something like: myrtsp://server/path/etc) you want to implement IFileSourceFilter on your filter COM object.