[Live-devel] Load new trick play index files(.tsx) without restarting the server

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 14 17:55:51 PDT 2012

> What would I need to do to have the index files (.tsx) load without restarting the server?

Are you using the "LIVE555 Media Server": <http://www.live555.com/mediaServer/> ?  The "DynamicRTSPServer" class that it uses is set up so that files (including Transport Stream index files) are not read until the corresponding stream is first accessed.  You won't need to 'restart the server' for this.

The only time you would ever need to read an index file more than once is if the underlying Transport Stream file (and thus also its index file) changes, without the file name changing.  But I don't recommend that you do this.  For starters, this wouldn't work if there is already a client that's streaming the old file.