[Live-devel] How can I make RTSPServer to stream from file to multicast address ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 15 06:31:14 PDT 2012

> I am trying to make a test using live555 rtsp server and openRTSP client to :
>
> Keep RTSP session between client and server using TCP (server : 192.168.0.1 <-> 192.168.0.10 : client).
>
> Send from server raw udp transport stream to mutlicast address

You can't do this with the "LIVE555 Media Server" (or "testOnDemandRTSPServer"), because that is a unicast server (i.e., delivering streams via unicast only).

If you want to stream a Transport Stream file via multicast, then I suggest using the "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" demo application (in "testProgs") instead.  One change that you will need to make to that code is uncomment the line
	#define IMPLEMENT_RTSP_SERVER 1
on line 34 of "testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp", so that you get a RTSP server that clients can connect to to receive the stream.  (Note that the stream will be delivered via RTP/UDP, not raw-UDP.)