[Live-devel] QoS records with RTPReceptionStatsDB for a RTP stream

Rodolophe Fouquet developpeur02 at kafemeeting.com
Sat Mar 17 06:59:40 PDT 2012

Hello,

I'm trying to implement QoS records with RTPReceptionStatsDB, taking
example from what's implemented in the playCommon.cpp file.
So, when I init' my RTPsource, I also init my QoS recorder.

However, when I do so, the application freezes. I figured out that it seems
that when I call  RTPReceptionStatsDB::Iterator
statsIter(rtpSource->receptionStatsDB()), before my RTPsource receives the
stream, it behaves like a lock.

The problem doesn't seem to be linked to the taskScheduler, since it
freezes before the call to env->taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(...).

So, does consulting RTP reception stats before the reception of any packets
(and after the RTPsource initialisation, of course) really act like a lock?

Best Regards,
Rodolphe Fouquet.