[Live-devel] TS streamed through unicast instead of multicast

AJ albert.staubin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:15:13 PDT 2012

I was planning to wait for a response to my last email, but it is still
stuck in moderation and the situation has evolved. I am currently able to
stream over multicast, but I would like to stream a file using the
"testMPEG2TransportStreamer" using unicast.  I have followed the FAQ and
the suggestions in the files, but I seem to be coming up short.  I have
done the following so far:

-Changed the destinationAddressStr in "testMPEG2TransportStreamer" to equal
my destination ip (my local ip)
-Changed the inputAddrStr to NULL in my RTSP Server or receiver.

With these changes The RTSP server seems to not be receiving anything from
the transport streamer like it was with multicast.  I have also noticed
that there is not traffic to the destination port on wireshark while I am
attempting to use unicast.  I have also compiled and run the testReceiver,
and it seems to receive some data and eventually get overwhelmed and crash.

Am I missing something in my configuration?  The FAQ and the comments make
it seem like a simple enough change.  Are there any suggestions on how to
debug the issue?