[Live-devel] variable number of TS packets in a udp packet

Kevin Yu kyu at vcs.att.com
Fri Mar 23 19:53:18 PDT 2012

Hi,

First of all, thanks for the excellent work on this project. I found it has so much for building multimedia streaming solutions.

I developed some code with Live555 to receive mpeg ts stream over raw UDP and send it out wrapped in RTP. It works fine for me. Now, I need to receive UDP packet containing 7 TS packets but send out the UDP/RTP packet with variable number (from 1 to 7) of TS packets in it. That means one single incoming UDP packet (with 7 TS packets payload) needs to be broken into 2 or more outgoing RTP packets. What's the best way to do that with Live555?

Thanks in advance.