[Live-devel] Ability to manipulate individual frames

Layne Berge Layne.Berge.1 at my.ndsu.edu
Sat Mar 24 18:26:58 PDT 2012

Hi Ross,

I've been using live555 to stream and record video and audio from a camera with a variable frame-rate.  I've gotten around the issue of needing a fixed frame-rate by sending copies of the last received image frame to the quicktime file sync when the frame-rate from the camera slows down, thus faking a fixed frame-rate.  The problem I've run into is in the playback of the file.  While it does play, when it gets to the copied frames, any motion between the string of copies and the next new frame is blurred.  It looks sort of like aliasing.  I'm beginning to think this is just how the h.264 codec handles copied images.  With this in mind, I'm thinking that by changing each frame slightly, perhaps adding one to each pixel, this may remedy whatever is happening in playback.

So, my question to you is how and if this is possible with the live555 library?

Layne